> Our Mission
Core Middle East News Organisation (CME) is an independent online news publication, educational resource, and a hub for all peace activities and supporters of Palestine. It mainly focuses on Palestinian situations and generally on Middle East issues. We provide news, analysis and stories from the front lines regarding the struggle for Palestinian human rights.
Core Middle East News Organisation (CME) reports on news of the world as it pertains to the Middle East. This could include information from across the globe, highlighting imperial actions by foreign nations, or from within the Middle East itself. The site reports news and also publishes thoughtful opinion articles by respected international journalists.
Core Middle East News Organisation (CME) was founded in 2021. It aims to build a global network of reporters, editors and journalists from around the world. Its editorial choices are informed by the commitment of its cofounders and editors to universal principles of human rights, international law, anti-racism and equal justice.
Core Middle East News Organisation (CME) is committed to publishing a diversity of viewpoints. Our reports and articles are based on fact-checking; it is built on a foundation of documented evidence. Articles published by the Core Middle East News Organisation (CME) represent the views of their authors and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the publication or its editors.
> Our Aims and objectives
- To spread Palestinian news while focusing on its place in the world.
- To be a hub for all activities that support Palestine from all over the world.
- To be a base for all Palestinian supporters and to support their activities.
- To be a resource and educational platform to support the Palestinian cause.
- To inform readers around the world of activities taking place, either in their own nations or foreign countries, that impact the Middle East.
- To inform readers about developments in Israel/Palestine and related US foreign policy.
- To compile an extensive library of studies, reports, maps, polls and images relating to Palestine and Palestinians.
- To provide a comprehensive set of answers to the most commonly asked questions about Palestine and the Palestinians.
- To provide a service to journalists and readers through supplying links to websites and other online materials that offer journalists and readers a wide range of information on the Palestinian experience. These links do not necessarily endorse the opinions or views of the various sources.
- To look for justice for Palestine and to increase awareness of the Palestinians cause.
> Who pays for Core Middle East News Organisation (CME)?
The organization was self-funding by the founders. Core Middle East News Organisation (CME) is completely an independent news agency and is not affiliated with any government or political party. It intends to run the entire agency through individual donations and other foundations. The donors and the financial supports will have no right or influence on the direction or content of our reporting.
> What We Believe
- We believe that Palestine belongs to the Palestinian people and that the Palestinian cause is a just cause. This is still a central cause in the hearts and minds of the Arab people in general, and the Palestinian people in particular.
- We believe that Palestine is free and is Arab and Islamic from the sea to the river.
- We believe in the only solution to this situation in Palestine is to end the occupation and to ensure the rights of Palestinian people, including their right to establish their own independent State with Al-Quds Al-Sharif as its capital, and for the right of return of all Palestinian refugees.
- We believe that we have to increase the understanding of the peoples in the world about the Palestinian situation and about daily life under the Israel occupations.
> Who we are
Mohammed M A Abunahel is a Palestinian journalist, writer and translator with a Bachelor’s degree in English Language and Translation, and a master’s degree in Mass Communication and Journalism. Currently, he is pursuing his Ph.D. in Critical Discourse Analysis. He is the co-founder of CME. His main interest is in the Palestinian cause and the Middle East issues. He has written many articles about the suffering of the Palestinians under Israeli occupation.
Robert Fantina is an author, journalist and activist whose focus is human rights and international law. His books include ‘Empire, Racism and Genocide: A History of U.S. Foreign Policy’; ‘Propaganda, Lies and False Flags: How the U.S. Justifies its Wars’, and ‘Occupied Palestine: Israel, the U.S. and International Law’. He is a regular contributor to Global Research, Counterpunch and many other online journals. He currently serves on the board of Canadians for Peace and Justice in Kashmir (CPJK) and Canadians Voices for Palestinian Rights (CVPR). He is one of the co-founders of CME.
Kasturi Chakraborty is a journalist, feminist and writer. She has previously worked at the Embassy of Georgia in India. She has reported on wide-ranging topics like politics, conflict, gender, human rights, crimes against women and justice, all with a focus on elevating the voices of the unheard. Currently, she is the Organizing Director for CME.
Editor in Chief